Create a new temporary file
namespace HH\Lib\File; function temporary_file( string $prefix = 'hack-tmp-', string $suffix = '', ): TemporaryFile;
The file is automatically deleted when the disposable is removed.
- If the prefix starts with
., it is interpretered relative to the current working directory.
- If the prefix statis with
/, it is treated as an absolute path.
- Otherwise, it is created in the system temporary directory.
Regardless of the kind of prefix, the parent directory must exist.
A suffix can optionally be provided; this is useful when you need a
particular filename extension; for example,
File\temporary_file('foo', '.txt') may create
The temporary file:
- will be a new file (i.e.
O_CREAT | O_EXCL)
- be owned by the current user
- be created with mode 0600
string $prefix = 'hack-tmp-'
string $suffix = ''